Alexandra’s work focuses on nonprofit planning and management. A specialty is developing funding through grants, individual donations, and cooperative agreements, and she has deep experience with foundations, corporations, local, state, and federal government, nonprofits of various constructs, and public-private partnerships. Her niche expertise resides in historic preservation, the arts, and humanities
She is experienced in leadership facilitation, business and strategic planning, and organizational development. Senior positions in change management and start-up management include the Dietrich American Foundation, the State Justice Institute, the Harvard Astrophysical Observatory, and the Hingham Heritage Museum, along with others. As an Interim Executive Director, Alexandra led the Museum of Arts and Design, the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities, and the Bates College Museum of Art. At the Corporation for National Service, her excellence in organizational and assessment skills paired with her strong writing and a long history of process, procedure, and policy development, led to a restructuring of the $400m grant awarding office.
During her career, Alexandra has raised and managed millions of dollars, initiated and led multi-year projects for several of the top American art collections in the country, and owned the accomplished consulting firm, Alexandra Rollins Associates.
Alexandra is a graduate of Connecticut College and earned her Master of Art at the University of Pennsylvania and her Master of Public Administration at the Kennedy School at Harvard University.
- deep knowledge of nonprofit operations, finance, budgeting, project management
- adept in start-up, change, best practice, shake-down, and interim modes
- excellent organizational and assessment skills, both creative and strategic
- strong writing and communications skills
- long history of process, procedure, and policy development
- experienced in government, grant management and grant writing, the arts and humanities
NonProfit Knowledge/ Expertise
- Fiscal Operations, Development, Controls
- Audit Monitoring, Resolutions, Negotiations
- Due Diligence and Regulatory Compliance
- Experienced in a wide variety of grants and contracts, including fellowships, foundation, federal, state, local, Tribes, Territories, quasi-federal, inter-agency
- Implementation, evaluation, and administration of the full range of pre-award and post-award activities
- Strategic Initiatives
- Data and Management systems
- Business Process Analyses and Improvements
- Strategic institutional analyses and Business Plans
- Change Management
- Complex Project and Program Management
- Writing/Editing/Publishing Communication
LinkedIn: Alexandra Rollins