As the pandemic wanes, leadership turnover at nonprofit organizations seems to be increasing. For an in-depth primer on Succession Planning, review this workshop, conducted for the ECCF Institute for Trustees and the National HBS Nonprofit Board Summit, then ask yourself: “Is your organization ready”?
Here are 5 questions to consider:
- Is your organization stable and sustainable?
- Is the CEO job well-defined, streamlined and doable?
- Is the Board ready for the transition and is its vision clear?
- Is a strong executive team in place and well prepared?
- Is the outgoing leader ready to transition, professionally and personally?
Professional interim leadership gets nonprofit organizations ready for what’s next, and board leaders are finding that a structured approach to leadership transitions is enlightening and transformational. Learn why and how to hire an Interim Executive Director.